April 19, 2009

Burn, Baby, Burn!

Did you hear how much snow we just got?! It's mid-April, and up until a few days ago, we've had one of the driest seasons on record. Now, we're above-average on the moisture stats for our state. I know we needed the moisture, and I know the old adage about April Showers and May Flowers. But, I also know that it's April and I'm sick of winter.

Spring is my favorite time of year. Yah, the flowers are nice and all*, and seeing the baby cows sprout up in the pastures makes me feel a bit giddy & maternal (weird, I know)...but, you know what I love most about Spring? It's the time of year when I get to bid a fond** adieu to snow. And cold. And gray skies. And even my beloved Gap Long n' Lean BLUE JEANS!!!

There is something so invigorating about lugging my Rubbermaid bins back out of the basement. The bins that have been holding my capris and t-shirts hostage for the last 7 months. It's like reaquainting myself with old, but never-forgotten, friends again...the memories.

So, please forgive me, Mother Nature, when I see the piles (and piles, and piles) of snow that remain from your recent wrath, and I shout "Burn, baby, burn!". If you want my gratitude, then bring on the flowers...and the baby cows would be nice, too.

* I'm down-playing my sentiment on this. I actually LOVE flowers - especially the real ones that grow out of the ground and everything!

** Can't you just hear the sarcasm in my voice?

No comments:

Post a Comment