April 17, 2009

The Mom-Me Affair

It seems that my boys permeate almost every aspect of my life...that's why I tend to write about them so much. They have become my life and it's inescapable. No, literally...no matter how fast I run, I cannot escape them.

However, there are a few, very precious, moments throughout my day and occasionally on weekends when I get to be Me...all Me...glorious Me. I'm not a very ego-centric kinda gal, but when I get Me Time, I find I enjoy spending time with myself and I fall in love with Me all over again.

Me loves getting pedicures, even when it tickles. Me loves to go shopping, though Me rarely finds anything that fits since Me is kinda tall and lanky. Me loves to sit in the sun* and let Me's mind wander and wonder. I look at Me and think "You're beautiful!" and I long for spending more time with Me. I equate it to a crush...wondering when I get to see Me again...what would Me be doing right now if I were with her...tell me that Me hasn't walked out of my life forever...you know, "crush-thoughts".

Am I scaring you? Sorry, blame it on Me...she can take criticism better than I can. I'm a mom and criticism might surely somehow reflect upon my boys in some way.

* No worries, Me has had three babies and will never horrify you with glimpses of post-baby-belly overflowing in a bikini.

No comments:

Post a Comment